This is a day-release HNC (a system of allowing employees days off work to go on educational courses) and you will attend Edinburgh College one day a week over two-years. This course is an excellent opportunity, designed to be taken alongside your full-time work, in order to progress in your avid career and gain vital industry skills; creating a more productive work environment.
Administration and Information Technology HNC will develop your IT, communication and organisational skills. This course is a stepping stone towards a rewarding career as a financial assistant, personal assistant, administrator or office manager. You should study this course to enhance your skills in your current job and workplace in order to progress internally.
- Personal Development Planning
- Office Technologies
- Office Administration
- IT in Business: Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- IT in Business: Databases
- IT in Business: Desktop Publishing
- IT in Business: Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases: An Introduction
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Communications: Business Communication
- Administration and Information Technology: Graded Unit
- Two Highers or relevant experience in an office environment
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout this course.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Administration and Information Technology HND taught at Edinburgh College
- Second year entry into a university course
- This course can lead to a promotion at work
- Finance assistant
- Personal assistant
- HR assistant
- Office Manager
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £793 Milton Road part-time (year 1)
“The administration course I have been doing at Edinburgh College helped me to find a new job. I recently started as an HR Assistant and I truly enjoy it. All I’ve learnt at College over the last few years enhanced my skills, abilities and confidence. I feel grateful for all of this and it keeps me motivated and uplifted. I look forward to the second year of the HNC Administration course next academic year”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start on…
This course will end on...