THIS COURSE IS FOR S4 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course is designed as an introduction to the level 6 Foundation Apprenticeship courses in Business, Finance and Accounting and will provide the relevant core skills for business, administration and technology for employment and further study.
The NPA has the purpose of providing candidates with the
fundamental business and information technology skills required for employment
and/or further study in any of these two areas.
Aim of the award is to
- Develop candidates knowledge and understanding of the role
of business in society
- To develop candidates knowledge, application and usage of a
variety of software packages
- To provide candidates with the relevant core skills for
business administration and technology for employment and further study
- Understanding Business
- Management of People and Finance
- Web apps word Processing
- Web Apps spreadsheets
- Any relevant National Qualification Group Award at SCQF
level 4 or 5
Pupils must possess good IT skills with an interest in Finance Accounts or
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions and participate in a selection process. You will be notified in advance of the details.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Business, Finance or Accounts
- Candidates who successfully complete the NPA could progress
to an award at SCQF level 6. They could also progress to the National
Certificate in Administration and/or Business at SCQF level 5 or onto National
Courses in Administration and/or Business Management at a Higher level.
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm