This course is designed to introduce you to a wide range of law subjects. You will develop essential skills and knowledge which are vital to supporting your future career in legal administration or in a business or profession where awareness of legal principles would be particularly valuable. You will also develop other general skills such as word processing and customer care which you can use in a wide variety of industries. This course can enhance your employment prospects. It may also allow you to progress onto relevant HNC/D programmes where you can develop your skills and understanding further.
This course will be delivered using a blended learning model. You will have in-class theory bases lessons with some classes being delivered online. You should have access to a PC, Desktop Computer or tablet.
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
- Law of Contract
- Property Law
- Employment Law
- Word Processing Legal
- Scots Law
- Crime in Society
- Consumer Protection
- You may be required to complete a work placement
- Three relevant National 5s (Intermediate 2 or credit Standard Grade passes including English) or Relevant National Units at appropriate levels
- Any relevant National Qualifications Group Award at SCQF level 4 or 5,
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or experience will be considered Successful interview
- Candidates will be considered on an individual basis
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through written and practical assignments throughout the year
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Access to HND legal services
- Junior Legal Assistant
- Administration assistant
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...