NC Level 6 Beauty Care is a one-year innovative course covering the skills required to enter the beauty industry.
You will combine practical and theory work in areas such as massage; nails; waxing and electrotherapy, gaining essential practical experience working on clients in our professional salon environment. You will be provided with up to date training in new technology, techniques in high-end products and equipment from representatives in the beauty industry. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers.
This course is a fantastic preparation for becoming a practitioner in the industry as well as equipping you with the skills you need to continue on to further studies at HNC/D Level.
Apply now for us to assist you in a future in joining one of the world’s largest and fastest growing industries.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Facial Techniques
- Facial Treatment Packages
- Nail Finishes
- Creative Current Make-Up Trends
- Body Massage
- Commercial Experience
- Eye Enhancements
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Face & Body Electrotherapy: An introduction
- Scalp, Neck and Shoulder Massage
- All students will be expected to carry out a work placement in Semester two in order to gain hands-on experience in the industry. Your skills will also be assessed whilst working on paying clients in our employability salons. This is a mandatory requirement of the course.
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold
- a minimum 4 passes at SCQF Level 5 (National 5s) or equivalent - preferably in English, Biology and another science Or NC Level 5 Beauty Care and Make-Up qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical aspects of the course are assessed on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out online and any closed book assessments carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a research task (1000 words) – this task will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your research task will be discussed along with other relevant questions relating to the course and your goals and experience
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - presentation and communication skills.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC Beauty Therapy
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma Beauty Make-up
- This course prepares you with an excellent range of beauty therapy skills as a starting point for a career within the beauty sector
- 4 days per week (9 am-4 pm)
- 1 evening (4:30 pm -8 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...