This 18-week short course is designed to develop understanding and basic skills in preparing for and performing Face and Body Massage for the Beauty industry.
In addition to becoming proficient in the skills involved, you will learn and show an understanding of all aspects of related anatomy and physiology and current health and safety.
On completion of this course you will be able to perform facial and body massage which will enable you to seek employment at a trainee level in the Beauty industry or progress to further studies within the Beauty and Wellness sectors.
This course is SQA Accredited
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for a uniform which must be purchased prior to starting the course
- The basic skills in preparing and performing Face and Body Massage for the Beauty Industry
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold
- A minimum of 3 National 5s (or equivalent) preferably in English and Biology
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments and closed book assessments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All successful applicants will be contacted by the courses tutor prior to the start of the course
Progression And Articulation Routes
On completion of this course you will be able to perform facial and body massage which will enable you to seek employment at a trainee level in the Beauty industry or progress to further studies within the Beauty and Wellness sectors
- Employment at trainee level in the Beauty Industry
- Self-employed to carry out basic face and body massage treatments
- 1 Day per week - Monday 1- 5 pm
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £436 Granton part-time (year 1)
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start on…
This course will end on...