Beauty HNC is designed to enhance your beauty therapy skills. Equipped with a more advanced skillset you will be well prepared to develop your passion for beauty therapy by progressing to a more technical level. You will learn therapeutic skills and knowledge through performing a variety of advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies to meet industry requirements.
Gain hands-on experience through working in our Employability Salon and The Treatment Lounge with the high-end product company, Elemis, and enhance your employability prospects even further. Training at Edinburgh College will ensure you are fully prepared for progression towards a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods; from your work experience with clients and case studies to oral presentation skills. You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers from representatives in the beauty industry.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- It is mandatory that you bring in models for practice and assessment purposes.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Human Anatomy and Physiology for Beauty and Complementary Therapists
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 1
- Beauty Therapy: Product Knowledge
- Face and Body Electrotherapy
- Beauty Therapy: Face and Body Treatment Packages
- Beauty Therapy: Professional Salon Skills
- Spa Treatments
- Aromatherapy Massage
- At HNC level we expect all students to be in part-time employment within the beauty industry
- Students will also gain work experience in our Employability salons as part of the course.
- Please note employment experience are mandatory aspects of the course.
- All applicants must hold an NC Level 6 Beauty Care qualification or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be required to complete a reflective essay - word count 1000 – this piece of work will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to attend an online interview to discuss the reflective essay, why they wish to further their studies to HNC, progress to date and suitability for progression
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on presentation and communication skills along with the written task
Progression And Articulation Routes
- You will be fully qualified to work within the Beauty industry as a senior beauty therapist or salon manager
- Senior beauty therapist
- Salon manager
- 3 days per week (9 am-4 pm)
- 1 evening per week (4:30 pm -8 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...