If you’re looking to learn beauty therapy skills to a higher level this 2-year course is for you. You will be taught and assessed on basic beauty therapies and a more advanced skillset to prepare you for a career in Beauty Therapy which can lead to a more technical and supervisory level.
You will learn the therapeutic skills and knowledge you need to move into the highest level of the beauty industry performing a variety of basic beauty therapy skills and more advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies to meet industry requirements. You will also gain more hands-on experience through working in our employability salon with the high-end product company Elemis, thus enhancing your employability prospects even further.
We make sure you are fully prepared for the industry and setting up your own successful business with a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods from your work experience with clients' case studies to oral presentation skills.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Beauty Therapy: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 1
- Beauty Therapy: Face & Body Treatment Packages
- Body Massage Treatments
- Beauty Therapy: Depilation
- Beauty Therapy: Eyelash Enhancements
- Beauty Therapy: Hand and Foot Therapies
- Beauty Therapy: Facial Therapy Treatments
- Beauty Therapy: Face & Body Electrotherapy
- Beauty Therapy: Professional Salon Skills
- Beauty Therapy: Product Knowledge
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 2
- Beauty Therapy: Promotional and Selling Skills
- Advanced Facial and Body Therapy Techniques
- Lifestyle Advice for Clients
- Spa Therapies
- Advanced Depilation
- Beauty Therapy: Contemporary Aesthetic Treatment
- Beauty Therapy: Make-Up Skills
- Preparing a Formal Business Plan
- Eyebrow Artistry
Although you are not required to complete an external work placement in your first year of this course, you will be working on clients throughout your subjects and in our realistic Employability salons as part of the course.
On commencement of year 2 of your studies all students must be in part time employment in the Beauty Industry.
- On the commencement of year 2 of your studies, all students must be in part-time employment in the Beauty Industry. Please note these are mandatory aspects of the course.
Please note these are mandatory aspects of the course.
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course
- Minimum of 2 passes at SCQF Level 6 preferably in English and Biology
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments, essays, case studies and research
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be required to complete a reflective report - word count 1000 – this piece of work will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to attend an online interview to discuss their report and why they wish to study HND Beauty Therapy
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on presentation and communication skills at the interview along with the written task
Progression And Articulation Routes
Once you have successfully achieved your first year you may progress into the second year of this course.
Thereafter you may continue your studies to degree level in complementary therapies or business studies.
You will be fully qualified to the highest level in the industry and therefore have employment opportunities of:
- Beauty therapist manager of a spa or beauty salon
- Start up your own business
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...