This exciting 18 week course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in makeup.
The course is suited to individuals who have previously completed their Level 2 Beauty Make Up Consultancy qualification.
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios providing a realistic industry environment. This training will give you valuable practical experience and is a stepping stone towards a fulfilling career as a beauty make-up specialist. You will undertake vital employment experience in our evening salons.
Throughout this qualification, you will advance the skills you gained at Level 2 qualification by monitoring procedures to safely control work operations, contributing to the planning and implementation of promotional activities, designing and creating fashion and photographic make-up with specialist skin camouflage services and airbrush make-up. You will also learn how to manage the finances of a business, application of individual eyelash extensions, body art, self-tan, and an introduction to dressing hair.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Bursary may cover this
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Design and Create Fashion and Photographic Makeup
- Provide Specialist Skin Camouflage Services
- Plan and Provide Airbrush Makeup
- Eyelash Extensions
- Self-Tanning Services
- Health and Safety
- Financial Effectiveness of a Business
- Promotional Activity and Services
- Competition Technical Skills
- Body Art
- Introduction to Dressing Hair
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and hold -
- a Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up and/or Level 2 Beauty Therapy Award qualification or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with VTCT assessments and e-assessments.
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out online.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a moodboard and a 500 word written brief - these will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your moodboard and brief will be discussed along with other relevant questions relating to the course and your goals and experience
- The formal interview has a scoring criteria based on - communication skills at interview, along with the written brief and moodboard
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NPA Make-Up Artistry
- HNC Fashion Make-Up
- Enter employment in the beauty and makeup industry as a freelance beauty make-up specialist
- Work as part of a team within the Beauty Make-Up industry
- Further your skills as a beauty make-up specialist and a lash technician with personal CPD
- You will have also gained some knowledge in the financial effectiveness of the business and this will assist individuals looking to become self-employed
- 3 days per week (9 am -4 pm)
- 1 evening (4:30 am -7.30 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events.
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
Edinburgh College sweep up at national hair and beauty competition with a 15-medal haul - Edinburgh College
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...