This one-year exciting course will enhance your existing Hairdressing skills and knowledge gained at Level 2, or the work you have already carried out in your salon.
Equipped with a more advanced skillset will enable you to develop your passion and creativity for hairdressing as you progress into a more technical and supervisory level within the industry.
Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities alongside highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios, providing a realistic industry environment, and gain essential practical experience working on paying clients with high-end product companies such as Wella. Edinburgh College is recognised as a Centre of Excellence by Wella; one of only two Scottish colleges with this professional recognition.
You will attend online theory classes to give you the knowledge you need to complete the written work and e-assessments required for the course. You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for – Uniforms & Kit which must be purchased prior to course starting.
- Students will be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Providing Consultation Services
- Creative Cutting
- Colouring and Lightening
- Styling and Dressing
- Colour Correction
- Developing Creative Hairdressing Skills
- Financial Effectiveness of the Business
- All applicants must hold a minimum recognised Hairdressing Level 2 qualification and
- Have secured a work placement or employment within the Hairdressing Industry
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a research regarding the history of Wella – this will be scored Your task can be presented as a storyboard, mood board, power point or word
- Successful applicants will then be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your task will be discussed along with progress to date and suitability for progression
- Thereafter you will be given a date to attend campus to carry out your skills test
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - communication skills at interview, along with the written brief and skills test
Progression And Articulation Routes
- You will be fully qualified to gain employment within the Hairdressing industry or apply to continue your studies at HNC level
- You will be fully qualified to gain employment within the Hairdressing industry
- 4 days per week (9 am -4 pm)
- 1 evening (4:30 pm -8 pm)
- 1 day work placement per week
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. As well as becoming talented hairdressers in college, our students’ skills are put to the test in a variety of annual national competitions and events throughout their college year. eg Wella Exposure; the Association of Hairdressing and Therapists (AHT) and representing HABIA (the hairdressing national lead body) on stage at the Scottish Hair and Beauty Show. This provides our students with wonderful extracurricular opportunities, not only do they get to test their skills against other students from across the UK, they also network with likeminded individuals and make new friends for life.
Edinburgh College sweep up at national hair and beauty competition with a 15-medal haul - Edinburgh College
Edinburgh College hairdressing students style their way to national competition finals - Edinburgh College
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...