This 18-week course is an exciting insight into the Beauty and Make-Up industry and a stepping stone for progression to our Introduction to Level 3 Make-Up course next August.
It introduces the skills you need for entry into the industry with practical and theory units covering basic make-up, manicure, nail art and the Art of Photographic Make-Up.
You will work in our salons and studios which will give you valuable practical experience in realistic environments. You will be assessed on your practical abilities along with VTCT assessment criteria for e-assessment where applicable.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course
- The Art of Photographic Make-Up
- Introduction to Basic Day Make-Up
- Introduction to Manicure
- Introduction to Nail Art
- Introduction to Eyebrow Artistry
- Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Make-Up Services
- There is no work placement required for this course
All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold:
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 4 - preferably in English and Art and pass interview task
- Mature returners entry with successful interview and pass interview task
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons. The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to provide proof of qualifications prior to any offer of a place made
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal information day
- All applicants must complete our pre-application tasks
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Introduction to Level 3 Make-Up (January)
- Level 2 Beauty Make- Up Consultant (January)
- Preparation to NC Level 5 Beauty Care & Make-Up (August)
- Progression to one of our Full-Time Beauty and/or Make-Up courses in January which can lead to employment within the Beauty and Make-Up Industry
- 1 day per week plus self directed study
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events.
We hold excellent, long-standing, industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and highly recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...