This 18-week course which is aimed at learners looking for a career change is an exciting insight into the Beauty and Make-Up industry and a stepping stone for progression to our Level 3 Make-Up course next August
It introduces the skills you need for entry into the industry with practical and theory units covering basic make-up, eye enhancements, nail art and more creative units such as the Art of Photographic Make-Up (which covers period, fantasy and bridal make-up looks), and an introduction to Body Art, which allows candidates to create their own 2D designs applied to a 3D surface.
You will work in our salons and studios which will give you valuable practical experience in realistic environments. You will be assessed on your practical abilities along with VTCT assessment criteria for e-assessment where applicable.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. A bursary may cover this
- The Art of Photographic Make-Up
- Bridal and Evening Make-Up
- Eyelash Enhancement
- Hair, Beauty & make-Up Portfolio Presentation
- Introduction to Body Art
- Introduction to Dressing Hair
- Introduction to Nail Art
All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold:
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 4 - preferably in English and Art and pass interview task
- Mature returners entry with successful interview and pass interview task
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons. The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a mood board and a 500 word written brief – these will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your mood board and brief will be discussed along with other relevant questions relating to the course and your goals and experience
- The formal interview has scoring criteria based on - communication skills at the interview, along with the written brief and mood board
Progression And Articulation Routes
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Make-Up
Opportunity to work in department stores and make up boutiques as a Beauty Consultant carrying out make up applications, retailing products, and offering skincare and makeup advice to customers as required.
You will have knowledge in promoting and selling skills to help you achieve targets set out by employers in this fast-growing industry.
- 2 Days per week plus self-directed study
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events.
We hold excellent, long-standing, industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and highly recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...