Do you want to spend your morning creating natural beauty products and your afternoon having a massage? Are you passionate about wellbeing? Do you love to research new subjects?
Body and Facial Massage, Scalp, Neck and Shoulder Massage and Thai Foot Massage are just some of the treatments you will be learning on this course.
Wellness Therapies is an exciting introduction to holistic therapies. Combining a mix of practical massage units and theory you will learn practical skills and gain an excellent underpinning knowledge to support your practical work. Alongside massage you will also learn about Healthy Eating, Managing Stress and Body Structures.
You must be prepared to provide and receive a variety of massage treatments and you will work closely with colleagues and paying clients to develop your skills while you prepare for working within industry.
The course is primarily college based combined with online theory work. Assessment is done via assessor observation of practical treatments and a variety of written assessments and research projects.
On successful completion of the course, you will be qualified to work within the Wellness and Holistic Therapies industries. Wellness Level 7 provides an opportunity for those who wish to further their knowledge of holistic therapies.
Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities alongside highly qualified lecturers.
Apply now and take your first step towards a future career in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing industries; the Global Wellness industry has an expected growth of 17% over the next five years and is already valued at £3.7 trillion.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. It is mandatory that you bring in models for practice and assessment purposes.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Body Massage
- Body Structures and Benefits of Treatments
- Healthy Eating and Wellbeing
- Managing Stress
- Scalp Neck and Shoulder Massage
- Wellness Therapies: An Investigation
- First Aid in the Salon
- Wellness Therapies: Natural Products
- Wellness Therapies: Facial Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
- There is not a work placement for this course however you will be expected to take partake in wellness therapies events organised by Edinburgh College.
- Please note this is a mandatory requirement for the course.
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course
- A minimum of four National 5s (or equivalent) or four relevant Standard Grades at credit Level preferably in English and Biology and pass the interview task
- Mature returners entry with a pass interview task and successful interview
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a research task (1000 words) – this task will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your research task will be discussed along with other relevant questions relating to the course and your goals and experience
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - presentation and communication skills.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Level 7 Wellness Therapies
- HND Beauty Therapy (2 Years)
- HNC Complementary Therapies
- Self-employed holistic therapist
- Holistic therapist within a spa
- Holistic clinical practitioner
- 4 days per week (9 am -4 pm) plus 1 evening (4:30 am -8 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...