If you’re looking to develop your skills in Holistic Therapies to a higher level this course is for you. Equipped with a more advanced skillset you will be well prepared to develop your passion for the industry by learning new therapeutic skills and knowledge enabling you to perform a variety of more advanced holistic therapies to meet industry requirements.
You will also gain more hands-on experience initially on your peers to build confidence in treatment procedures, techniques and developing skills prior to progressing to clients in our realistic employability salons. With the high-end product company Elemis thus enhancing your employability prospects even further.
Theory will present mainly through an online delivery mode, research projects, online assessment giving more time for the crucial practical work when face to face in college, reinforcing the theory also during the practical classes where appropriate.
Further opportunities for our volunteering scheme with college stakeholders is encouraged where applicable, for example we have collaborated in the past with St Columba's Hospice where students have carried out a variety of holistic treatments to the carers of those in the hospice .
We make sure you are completely prepared for the industry and for setting up your own successful business with a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods from your work experience with clients’ case studies to oral presentation skills.
Wellness therapies is now more relevant to industry than ever before, so no time like the present to progress to this higher level from your Level 6 experience.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Traditional Head Massage
- Signature Massage
- Spa Treatments
- Stone Therapy Massage
- Lifestyle Advice for Clients
- Clinical Practice – Work Experience
- All students at this level will take part in a work placement programme during their studies
- You will also gain work experience in our Employability salons as part of the course
- These are mandatory requirements of the course
- All applicants must be qualified to a NC Level 6 in Wellness Therapies or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments, essays, case studies and research via online delivery for part of the course
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a reflective report (1000 words) – this report will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your reflective report will be discussed along with other relevant questions relating to the course and your goals and experience
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - presentation and communication skills.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC Complementary Therapy
- Self-Employed Holistic Therapist
- Holistic Therapist within a Spa
- Holistic Clinical Practitioner
- Wellness Therapist
- 3 days per week (9-4 pm) plus one evening (4:30-8 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...