THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
The Health & Social Care Academy provides an agile pathway to a career in Health and Social Care and offers multiple offers for progression at Level 6 which is the starting point for pre-registration in the Heath & Social Care sector. The course supports the development of much sought after digital and data skills relevant to the sector and provides hands-on practical experience that employers are looking for. Pupils will develop transferrable skills which can be applied across a range of disciplines including, Dental, Pharmacy, Health Care and Social Care.
- Digital and Data Skills for Health & Social Care
- Mental Health
- Human Body
- Infection Prevention
- Safe Beginners for Health and Social Care
- Four National 4's (including English) and a genuine interest in working in/ studying health and social care.
- Pupils who want to progress onto health-related courses at SCQF Level 6 must have National 5 Biology.
How the course is assessed
- A combination of practical activities, project work and closed book assessment.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Skills for Work Health and Social Care Higher
- Modern Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Level 6 college courses in Health and Social Care
- Sector employment
- Pharmacy Services
- Dental Nursing
- Social Care
- Working with Communities