Introduction to Social Services is designed to channel your passion for working with others and is a stepping stone towards a rewarding career in the social services industry. This course is all about starting you on your learning journey towards a professional qualification and offers a broad range of learning experiences that will fully prepare you for further study or employment.
The subjects chosen for this course are varied and current and aim to both prepare you for the modern challenges of care or community learning sectors as well as offering you a rewarding and enjoyable learning experience here at the Edinburgh College. A career in social services is a career that will impact many people’s lives. Throughout your studies, you will make links between learning and practice and by the end of the programme you will have a thorough foundation of understanding that will prepare you well for the next steps in your learning journey.
- Psychology National 5
- Care National 5
- First Aid
- Core Skills including Numeracy, IT and Communication
- Employability Skills
- Self-Awareness: Personal Health and Wellbeing
- Health Sector Improving Health and Wellbeing
- Study Skills
- Youth Work Engaging with Young People
- The above units may be subject to change.
- Minimum four National 4s (or equivalent) including English
- Previous SCQF Level 4 Course at College
- Mature candidates who do not possess these formal qualifications may be considered where you can demonstrate your ability to study at this level
- Please note, we are unable to accept applicants onto the course who will be under 16 years of age at the first day of the course starting.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Case study projects and SQA national assessments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants meeting the entry qualifications will be invited into College for an information session after which offers will be made
Progression And Articulation Routes
- SCQF Level 6 courses
- NC Working With Communities
- NC Health and Social Care
- These courses lead on to HNC level study and eventually professional qualification through university study
- Support work roles in social care and community engagement
- Progression routes to social care and community education professions
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...