If you`re looking to pursue a career as a paramedic which is both challenging and rewarding then this course is for you. You may be a school leaver who as yet, does not have the required entry qualifications to go direct to University. The course is a full-time course where you will be given the necessary education to make an application through UCAS to progress onto the first year of Paramedic Science at Queen Margaret University or onto HNC Healthcare Practice. While we work closely with our partners at Queen Margaret University to align to the relevant degree there is no guarantee of a place at university.
Throughout this course, you will be studying a wide range of subject areas that will ensure that you have the best foundations to progress to the next stage of your studies.
- Communications 4
- Literature 1
- Higher Care (Human Development and Behaviour Social Influences and Values and Principles)
- Higher Human Biology
- Prevention of Infection
- Mental Health Issues
- Exercise and Fitness
The above units may be subject to change.
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- Minimum of 1 Higher and 5 National 5s including English and Biology which should both be pass at minimum B
- Your personal statement should demonstrate the following: your skills and qualities and any relevant experience. You should demonstrate a clear understanding of the role. You should be able to demonstrate your strengths in exercise and fitness that the role demands
- Applicants must be of good character and suitable for fitness to practice safely and effectively in line with HCPC Guidelines.
English Proficiency Requirements
- ILETS 5.5: Please note this requirement may be higher for entering university
How the course is assessed
- SQA National Exams, projects, presentations, reports and essays.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for group interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
To progress to QMU for degree in paramedic science students will need to achieve BB in the external Higher Human Biology and Higher Care exams, and a pass in all other units, reflecting regular attendance at college and have satisfactory criminal record check.
Applicants must be of good character and suitable for fitness to practice safely and effectively in line with HCPC Guidelines.
There is no gaurantee of place at university on completion of course.
- Paramedic Technicians
- Paramedic Care Assistants
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...