Have you ever wanted to improve your mixing and mastering skills? Are you finding your productions are lacking that professional edge? Well at Edinburgh College, we may have the very class that can help you take your work to the next level.
So you have been making music at home, recording your music and learning the basics. But you are struggling with mixing and mastering and your productions don’t quite have the edge you are looking for. You have been on YouTube, you have read the articles, but without being able to actually TALK to someone about it… you are struggling to progress.
Our online class allows you to sit through all the aspects of a successful mix with an experienced mix engineer. You will be talked through all the basics as well as some of the more professional techniques that will make your mixes shine. Maybe you have never even mixed before… well this class will get you up and running in no time.
* Course may be delivered online depending on government guidance regarding social distancing
- Editing Techniques
- How to use EQ
- How to use Compression
- Reverb and Delay Techniques
- How to add colour to your mix
- How to make a master suitable for release
- No formal entry requirements but an interest in music and a basic understanding of using a computer are essential
English Proficiency Requirements
- A basic grasp of the English language is recommended
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Sound Production NC Level 5 and Level 6 taught at Edinburgh College
- Sound Production HND taught at Edinburgh College
- Sound Engineer
- Mix Engineer
- Sound Technician
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £153 Sighthill evening (year 1)
Ruairidh Saunders started Edinburgh College after having a difficult time at high school. He studies for five years and complete his College education with a first-class honours degree. Ruairidh now travels the world as a musician on cruise ships. We caught up with him to get an insight into how Edinburgh College helped him achieve his dream:
“Studying at Edinburgh College gave me the confidence and courage to be ambitious with my musical goals and I am forever grateful to the staff for their knowledge and guidance.”
This course will start on…
This course will end on...