S5 and S6
PUPILS COSTUME: AN INTRODUCTION TO CUTTING, SEWING AND SURFACE DECORATION NPA
This course will introduce learners to techniques that are important in the costume design sector. It develops practical, technical and transferable skills and gives the opportunity to build skills and portfolios for progression to next level courses.
- Introduction to cutting, Sewing and Surface Decoration
- Introduction to Garment Pattern Construction
- Introduction to Sewing Machine Skills
- Interest in theatre/costume making
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions and participate in a selection process. You will be notified in advance of the details.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Professional Sewing Skills and Garment marking level 5 which is an 18 week short-full-time course in semester 1 and further progression onto the level 6 in semester 2.
- After these courses, it would be advisable to complete the HND to progress into Theatre or Film Costume making or articulate to Bournemouth University for the BA Hons course.
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30 - 4 pm