This course is being offered through the Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) at Edinburgh College.
This course gives young people the opportunity to study at college and gain a unique qualification and a range of experience in Acting and Performance.
The aim of this course is to provide an opportunity to students who lack experience who might have applied for a Level 6 course but need more development time.
The award is also designed to meet the needs of learners who wish to develop a foundation for progression to further study and to provide skills and knowledge appropriate to the theatre industry.
Please see below for audition information.
- Drama Skills with Scottish Contact
- Creative Industries Skills Development
- Community Drama and movement
- Academic Skills
- Ideally, you will be studying towards/achieved National 5 or Higher English and you will require a pass (grade C or above) at National 5 English
- An interest in the performing arts.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through practical demonstrations and some written assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
We would like to invite you to audition via film rather than attending the college in person, please see below for more information:
Please film a one to two-minute contemporary monologue from a published play. We recommend using your own accent and looking for characters that are around your own age, please do not perform a Shakespeare piece.
Please upload this film to a private YouTube channel, making sure you state your name and the title of the piece before you begin. Once you have done this include the link in your application.
Information on how to set up a private YouTube channel can be found here:
Applications will be reviewed monthly starting on the following dates in 2021:
- February 19th
- March 26th
- April 29th
- May 28th
If your application is successful you will be invited to an online interview.
You will be interviewed by two of the Acting staff who will ask you a series of questions to further assess your suitability for the course.
It is worth noting that you may be offered a place on a course of a different level, the staff team will place you on the course that they believe will best suit your needs and allow you to develop and progress within the department. For more information on these courses please refer to the Edinburgh College website.
Privacy Notice for Performing Arts and Photography Selection
Progression And Articulation Routes
- A wide variety of film or performing arts related HN qualifications at Edinburgh College
- You can progress on to a film and media or drama related course
- 2 days per week (9.00-5.00) but availability to see PASS shows and take place in in guest workshops that might take place out with these times
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our Patron is Karen Gillan (Filmmaker and Actress)
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...