Are you looking to further develop a career within Baking or Patisserie - then the NC in Bakery could be the course for you.
This course will give you the opportunity to develop the skills required to work within the Bakery or Patisserie industry includes, including bread making, patisserie and food hygiene.
You will be supported and encouraged by College lecturers to seek work experience in the industry. This will give you essential and first-hand experience in the baking industry.
There may be opportunities for you to take part in a programme of visits to bakeries/patisseries/restaurants and we work closely with many industry partners to provide guest speaker sessions and opportunities for you to meet with and talk to employers.
- Craft Baking
- Prepare and Produce Dough Products
- Prepare Food Products for Retail Sale
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry
- There is a mandatory work placement element attached to this course.
- NPA Bakery level 4
- Applicants who do not have the relevant entry qualifications but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Open book
- Closed book
- Portfolio work
- Practical observations
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited into the College to attend an information session/interview - there will be opportunities for you to speak to a member of the lecturing team on an individual basis.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- SVQ in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionery) at SCQF Level 7
- Bakery assistant
- Pastry chef
- Assistant Baker
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...