Hospitality is a thriving and growing industry with job opportunities continuing to increase. This unique HNC is designed to develop and support your communication skills as well as teach you practical front of house and supervisory skills to ensure you are on your way to a fulfilling career within the industry. Edinburgh College has exceptional facilities and you will gain essential experience in our restaurants and kitchens.
You will participate in a programme of visits to hotels and other businesses operating within tourism and hospitality. These visits will give you further insight into the industry and allow you to better understand how they operate. Edinburgh College works closely with many industry partners to provide guest speaker sessions and opportunities for you to meet and talk to employers; gaining essential industry connections. As part of this course, we include a work experience unit that will give you first-hand experience in different job roles within an organisation and ensure you choose the career path that is the right fit for you.
- There are mandatory 80 hours of work placement which can be carried out throughout the year
- Minimum of one Higher grade C pass (or above) from the following English, Modern Studies, History, Religious Studies, Social Science, Psychology or Business Management (if you have a Higher not listed, we still welcome your application)
- Plus three National 5's or three Standard Grades at Grade 3 or above (two of which must be Mathematics and English)
- Or successful completion of appropriate SCQF Level 5 or 6 SQA course
- If you do not meet these criteria but have relevant work experience, we welcome your application
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on an on-going basis through practical and graded written assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to Edinburgh College to attend an information session and interview
- Group tasks will be set and carried out during this time
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Second-year of HND Hospitality Management (as long as you have achieved the mandatory 15 credits required for entry to this course)
- Conference Co-ordinator
- Front of House Operations
- Supervisory positions
- Food and Drink Operations
- Human Resource Assistant
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...