HIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a career within the Hospitality industry. You will cover an exciting range of areas aimed at developing your cooking skills and front of house skills - there is a strong emphasis on teamwork where you will have the opportunity to work on a number of organised events as part of the course - fantastic practical experience to enhance your future prospects. There will be opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits to hotels and other businesses operating within the hospitality industry and ample opportunities for work experience to give you further insight into this exciting and fast-paced industry to help you to decide if this is the career path for you. This course is run over 2 afternoons per week - Tuesday and Thursday.
- Service of Food and Drink
- Customer Care
- Food Preparation Techniques
- Organisation of Practical Skills
- Team building
- Part of the course requires you to carry out work experience - you will have the opportunity to carry this out within our College restaurant eh15 as well as at external events we are asked to host.
- This course is for S5 and S6 pupils who have achieved or are working towards National 5s - preferably in English
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Open book
- Closed book
- Practical observations
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited in for an information session
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Hospitality
- HND Events (subject to entry qualifications)
- Front of House within hospitality organisations
- Hotel reception
- Bar/coffee house operations
- Tuesday and Thursday 1.30-4pm