THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course is ideal if you are looking to get into cooking but don’t know yet if it’s the career path that you want to follow – it will enable you to understand the basic skills in food preparation and food production and will introduce you to a variety of skills and techniques needed to work in a professional kitchen such as:
- knife skills
- cooking skills
- kitchen skills
- food hygiene
- team working
This course will prepare you for entry into the catering, hospitality or bakery industries or further training at College.
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry
- Food Preparation Techniques: An Introduction
- Cookery Processes an Introduction
- Hospitality: Organisation of Practical Skills
- Craft Baking: An Introduction
- Healthy Cooking
- Food Safety
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course but applicants should show a keen interest in food and cooking.
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- A mixture of practical units supported by underpinning knowledge conveyed through practical application in part and through written assessment time plans and evaluations.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- City & Guilds Entry 3 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- This course will prepare learners for entry into the catering, hospitality or bakery industries or further training at College
- Employment in the Hospitality Industry as a Kitchen Assistant or Trainee Chef
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm