THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course has been designed to provide an introductory qualification in retail that reflects employability skills identified as being important by employers in retail and many other sectors. The course provides opportunities for learners to develop general and practical skills as well as knowledge and understanding of the key aspects of retailing.
Exciting opportunities are emerging within the retail sector with the expansion of Edinburgh Airport, Leith Waterfront and 3,000 planned vacancies in retail and hospitality at the new Edinburgh St James Centre (Opening October 2020) where the college is a strategic partner to FUSE Retail & Hospitality Academy.
- Working in Retail
- Storing and Replenishing Stock
- Satisfying Customer Needs
- Planning and Implementing a Retail Event
- Applicants should have 4 relevant National 4s.
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment is continuous and includes practical activities written short questions and case studies.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC Retail (subject to course entry requirements)
- Various jobs in the Retail sector.
- Attendance – 2 afternoons per week from 1.30 – 4.00 pm Tuesday and Thursday.