This course is suitable for those starting a wine
career or pursuing an interest in wine.
This qualification provides a hands-on introduction to
the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through
sight smell and taste whilst also gaining the basic skills to describe
wines accurately and make food and wine pairings.
On successful completion of the course, you will
receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Included in the course -
- All course materials produced by WSET
- All tasting wines (6 wines tasted)
- All tuition and hand-outs
- Examination paper, marking by WSET and a certificate and
lapel pin for passing.
- All study materials
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification but you must be of legal drinking age in this country to participate in any alcohol tasting - however this is not a barrier to successful completion of the qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- There is a 30 question multiple-choice paper at the end of this course (on the same day) with a 70% and above pass mark.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- WSET Level 2 Certificate in Wines
Course Cost And Funding Options