This is a practical based full-time course designed to equip you for further study or employment.
It will help you develop a deeper understanding and an increased skillset in the theory and practical elements required to work in the outdoor pursuits industry. Ideal for those looking for a career in an exciting, varied and developing industry.
There is a short stay residential activity element and a 5 – 6-week work placement.
You will be required to contribute towards some course costs at the start of the course for NGB registrations and memberships. These costs will be outlined at the course interview stage.
- CWI Assessment
- Climbing Foundation Coach Training
- Go Mountain Bike Level 3 Training/Assessment
- Paddle Sport Instructor Training/Assessment
- Paddle Sport Core Coach Training/Assessment
- You must be aged 18 years or over by October of the year of the course commencing.
- You must have an active interest and previous experience/regular participation in outdoor pursuits activities.
- Although not essential at the point of application, evidence of a suitable level of clearance through the PVG scheme will be an expectation of all applicants.
For DIRECT ENTRY to this course candidates MUST have completed the training/assessments covered in our Understanding Outdoor Pursuits Adventure Leadership course.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Governing Body assessment/Internal College
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
The interview session will consist of a presentation followed by a one to one interview with a member of the Adventure Studies team.
This may be achieved face to face or remotely through a medium such as Skype.
Progression And Articulation Routes
You may go directly into the world of work or progress onto further study at appropriately leveled courses such as:
- BA Hons Adventure Tourism Management (incorporating HND)
- BA Hons Adventure Performance and Coaching (incorporating HND)
- Specialist Instructor Training
- Outdoor Centre Employment
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...