Travel and Tourism Level 6 National Certificate (NC) is an
interactive and practical course designed to enhance your knowledge of
tourist destinations and the different roles you could work in.
Develop excellent customer service skills, discover dynamic
employability subjects and enhance your career prospects. This course
ensures you are well prepared for further studies in this area which could lead
to an exciting career in this growing industry.
One of the units: Travel and Tourism Study Visit, give students the opportunity to have a short European city visit and past locations have included Berlin, Seville and
Belfast. You will attend guest lectures from the
best in the travel business and learn about the job opportunities
available in this growing sector.
- Travel and Tourism: Enhancing Skills for Employment
- Skills for Customer Care
- Travel and Tourism in the UK
- Marketing in Travel and Tourism: An Introduction
- Leisure and Business
- Tourist Destinations
- Travel Agency Procedures
- Selling the Travel and Tourism Product
- Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Sustainable Practices in Travel and Tourism
- The Scottish Tourism Product: An Introduction
- Air Travel: An Introduction
- Travel Products and Services
- Airport Ground Operations
- A minimum of six National 5s at grades A to C or equivalent of SCQF Level 5
(preferably to include English)
- Or relevant and comprehensive industry experience
- Or successful completion of SCQF level 5 Travel and Tourism
Candidate must be proficient in the use of IT(Microsoft Word and Excel). Any applicant without a formal IT qualification will be asked to take an IT test as part of the interview process.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Cabin crew
- Airport ground operations
- Visitor attraction advisors
- Tour guiding
- Resort representative
- Travel agent
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...