Whatever stage you’re at in your career, a CIPD qualification connects you with your peers and gives you the strategies you need to increase your knowledge and skills to boost your career and make an impact. On successful completion of any CIPD qualification, you’ll become a member of the CIPD.
CIPD qualifications are recognised by employers as a global standard of excellence. Your qualification also gives you CIPD membership, connecting you to a deeply informed and influential network of people professionals worldwide – and a path to life-long learning.
Are you ready to develop your personal effectiveness and business acumen? Based on the latest business research in people practice, this qualification will help you learn how to manage employment relations, recruit and nurture talent to sustain success – and reward and motivate the superstars in your workforce. You’ll learn how to design and manage your own strategy, enhance people management skills – and learn how best to lead. On successful completion, you’ll get an Associate Membership of the CIPD.
(New CIPD qualifications are being introduced in 2021. Based on the new Profession Map, the qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work. The new qualifications set the standard for people professionals. We are planning to offer these from September 2021 (pending CIPD approval). At this stage, we are taking expressions of interest. More information will be available once approval is confirmed.)
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
You will study four core units:
- Work and Working Lives in a Changing Business Environment
- People Management and Development Strategies for Performance
- Personal Effectiveness, Ethics and Business Acumen
- Business Research in People Practice
Plus four specialist units:
- Strategic Employment Relations
- Resourcing and Talent Management to Sustain Success
- Strategic Reward Management
- Well-Being at Work
- Educated to degree level
- Currently working in an HR or People Practice role
English Proficiency Requirements
- Minimim 6.5 IELTS or equivalent
How the course is assessed
- Written assignments
- Professional discussions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- One evening per week online via MS Teams - Tuesdays 17.30-20.30 hours plus access to online materials, activities and case studies via our VLE - Moodle and CIPD resource banks.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £2070 Open Learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...