CIPD qualifications are recognised by employers as a global standard of excellence. Your qualification also gives you CIPD membership, connecting you to a deeply informed and influential network of people professionals worldwide – and a path to life-long learning.
Working in a people practice role but ready to grow? This evidence-based qualification will help you gain a deeper understanding of the professional behaviours that lead to organisational success. Learn how to manage employment relations, foster talent, guide strategic workforce planning and build reward schemes that drive performance and contribute to business success. On successful completion, you’ll get an Associate Membership of the CIPD.
This qualification is perfect for you if you enjoy developing and managing people. You’ll expand your knowledge of HR with a combination of core units and specialist areas – helping you focus on what matters most to you.
(New CIPD qualifications are being introduced in 2021. Based on the new Profession Map, the qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work. The new qualifications set the standard for people professionals. We are planning to offer these from September 2021 (pending CIPD approval). At this stage, we are taking expressions of interest. More information will be available once approval is confirmed.)
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
You will study three core units:
- Organisational Performance and culture in Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Professional Behaviours and Valuing people
Plus four specialist units:
- Employment Relationship Management
- Talent Management and Workforce Planning
- Reward for Performance and Contribution
- Specialist Employment Law
- Applicants should be educated to a minimum of SCQF L7 (HNC)
- Applicants should currently be working within an HR role or have some HR remit within an organisation
English Proficiency Requirements
- Minimum 6.0 IELTS or equivalent
How the course is assessed
- Written assignments
- Professional discussions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Interviews will be conducted via phone or MS Teams
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management CIPD L7 (SCQF L11)
- A number of HR and people management roles within various organisations
- Career advancement
- Online via MS Teams Tuesdays 18.00-20.30
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £2395 Open Learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...