Ready to embark on a career as a people professional? This qualification will build your knowledge, expertise and confidence to have an immediate impact at work. Real-life scenarios will fully prepare you for the world of work. This course is aimed at Human Resource or Learning and Development beginners starting their careers as HR Assistants or Administrators or have an HR role within an SME.
You will develop your skills and knowledge to become an effective human resource practitioner; you will learn how to design, deliver and evaluate effective and relevant learning and development activities. This is a professionally recognised qualification and, upon successful completion, you will automatically become an Associate Professional Member of CIPD enhancing your employment and promotional prospects even further. This course is delivered via open learning and delegates will have a 'live' weekly workshop via Microsoft Teams and will also have access to a wide range of developmental resources via the CIPD website and the college Virtual Learning Environment - Moodle.
(New CIPD qualifications are being introduced in 2021. Based on the new Profession Map, the qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work. The new qualifications set the standard for people professionals. We are planning to offer these from September 2021).
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
- Business Culture and change in Context
- Principles of Analytics
- Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- Essentials of People Practice
- Need to be able to evidence relevant working roles, not necessarily in an HR environment.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- We use a range of CIPD approved written assignments and professional presentations and reports to assess the learning.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Interviews will be carried out via Skype, MS Teams or by phone.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- CIPD Associate Diploma in People Management Level 5 (SCQF L9) or
- CIPD Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development Level 5 (SCQF L9)
- A range of learning and developmental or human resource roles within an organisation
- Live online workshops every Tuesday evening 17.45 -20.45 via MS Teams
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £1999 Open Learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...