This course is ideal for you if you are looking for an exciting career in Activity or Nature Tourism. The outdoor tourism industry in Scotland has grown significantly over the last 20 years and has many opportunities for you if you are aiming for a career involving outdoor activities or being with nature.
Through this course, you will challenge yourself, develop your skills in the outdoors and gain knowledge of the potential Scotland’s landscapes and nature have to offer. This course will provide tasters of several outdoor activities.
The practical element of this course focus on developing your skills to be able to plan and deliver small Activity or Eco tours using Scotland’s dramatic scenery and landscape as your classroom. .
This combined with the theoretical input of the course will ensure that you have a thorough knowledge and skill base to start pursuing a career in activity and outdoor tourism.
- An Introduction to Outdoor and Activity Tourism
- Rural Tourism and Conservation
- Participate in Outdoor Activities
- Lowland Navigation Skills
- Plan and Lead Outdoor Tours
- Countryside Interpretation Skills
- Introduction to First Aid
- Applicant require a minimum of six National 4s (or equivalent) to include English and Maths or Communications and Numeracy.
- Applicants should have a genuine interest in the outdoors and countryside. This should be reflected in their personal statement and will be discussed at interview. Experience in lieu of qualifications will be considered.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Continual assessment through
- practical assessment
- role play
- written assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to take part in a telephone or MS Teams interview.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Onto our SCQF level 6 Travel and Tourism course in August 2022
- Outdoor tour guiding
- outdoor education assistant
- outdoor visitor attraction guides
- eco- tourism
- Three days per week for 18 weeks
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...