This Tourism with English course at SCQF level 5 is designed for those interested in a career in tourism and if your first language is not English. The tourism industry is an evolving sector and job opportunities are continuing to grow. This course will improve your English language level whilst giving you knowledge of the travel and tourism sector. Tourism with English will ensure you are qualified to apply for further study courses of tourism at a higher level. You will take part in an interesting programme of visits to tourist attractions all over Edinburgh and gain first-hand experience in this growing and innovative sector. There will be guest lectures from the best in the travel business where you will make essential industry connections. Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit your IELTS exam to a 5.5 standard.
Your studies will include a range of NQ National 5 units including:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- An Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Selling Skills
- Resort Rep
- Tourist Destinations and the Scottish Tourism Product
- Customer Care
- Airline and Airport Operations
- A minimum of 5 passes at National 4 and two passes at National 5 in relevant subjects.
- Or a minimum of five passes at SCQF level 4 and two passes at SCQF level 5 in relevant subjects.
English Proficiency Requirements
- ESOL Intermediate 1/National 4 SQA or above or equivalent
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC/D Travel and Tourism
- HNC Events
Course Cost And Funding Options
Information about funding can be found here
Jesus joined Edinburgh College three years ago to study English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) course to improve his English language standard. He later progressed within the College to study Tourism with English and is now in his final year of our Travel & Tourism HND course.
“I really enjoy what I am doing. I never had a set plan when I moved from Spain. I came to college and knew no English but I knew I wanted to do something in tourism.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...