This Travel and Tourism course at SCQF Level 5 gives you an excellent introduction to the travel and tourism industry. This is an interactive and practical course designed to enhance your knowledge of tourist destinations and the different roles you could work in. Develop your excellent customer service skills as you discover dynamic employability skills and enhance your career prospects. This course ensures you are well prepared for further studies in this area which could lead to an exciting career in this growing sector. Edinburgh College has state-of-the-art facilities and you will use aircraft simulation programmes in order to gain hands-on experience in the industry. You will attend guest lectures from the best in the travel business and learn about the abundance of job opportunities available in this growing sector.
- Tourist Destinations
- Selling Skills
- Skills for Customer Care
- Travel and Tourism: Enhancing Skills for Employment
- Airport Ground Operations: An Introduction
- Resort Representation: An Introduction
- Tour Guiding: An Introduction
- Working as Air Cabin Crew
- British Isles Tourist Destinations with a Scottish Context
- Understanding Tourism in the Local Area
- Information and Communication
Please note that 40% of the course units are delivered at level 6.
- A minimum requirement of five National 4s to include English & Mathematics or Communications and Numeracy or equivalent
- Two National 5s as some of the course content is delivered at Level 6
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NC level 6 Travel and Tourism
- NC Activity Tourism
- Cabin crew
- Airport ground operations
- Visitor attraction advisors
- Tour guiding
- Resort representative
- Travel agent
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...