As the only college in Scotland’s capital city and centre of tourism, we are excited to offer this new course. This course will be delivered online using Microsoft Teams and via our virtual learning environment - Moodle. The course will focus on developing and enhancing skills required for gaining employment within the tourism and hospitality sector and is designed to offer the flexibility to study at your own pace and prepare you for a wide variety of future roles. This is an 18-week, level 6 SCQF course running from August through to mid-January and will ensure you have the necessary knowledge and skills to apply for a job in Edinburgh and across Scotland as the tourism industry recovers and grows.
You will study a variety of subjects from across the sector gaining valuable insight and access to employers and the job market and learning how to deliver excellent customer care and preparing you for the selection process.
What you will learn:
- Scotland and Edinburgh Tourism Product Knowledge
- Planning Tours and Creating Itineraries
- Business Communication
- Structure and Organisation of the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Customer Care Skills
- Reception Skills
- Enhancing Skills for Employability
- Selling the Travel and Tourism Product
It is preferable that applicants have achieved:
- A minimum of six National 4s or equivalent at SCQF Level 4
Although we will welcome applicants who have enthusiasm and a passion for the industry which will be reflected in your strong personal statement.
We will consider each application on an individual basis.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Online tests and quizzes
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
All applicants will be contacted via either:
Progression And Articulation Routes
Student who have successfully completed this course may progress onto:
- Travel & Tourism courses at SCQF levels 5/6 in January 2022 or August 2022
- A wide range of career options in the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Classes are held online using Microsoft Teams
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...