This HNC Tourism course is a one -year advanced level qualification leading directly to employment in the travel and tourism sector. This course is uniquely designed to prepare for work in the tourism industry in Scotland and the UK with opportunities to work in the fields of cabin crew, airport operations, tour operators and travel agents and tour guiding.
Please note that completion of this course will not allow you to progress onto the HND level. You will gain 12 credits when completing the HNC but 15 credits are needed to progress to HND year two. You can pick up a language course taught at Edinburgh College to make up the three extra credits if you wish.
- Working as Senior Air Cabin Crew
- Airport Ground Operations
- Structure and Organisation of the Travel and Tourism industry
- Applying Marketing Principles in Travel and Tourism
- Providing Information on the Scottish Tourism Product
- Tour Guiding and resort Representation
- International Tourist Destinations
- Minimum 2 Highers at Grade C or above or relevant NC pass at SCQF Level 6
- Attitude and aptitude personal statement interview
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Travel and Tourism HND taught at Edinburgh College if you gain extra credits
- Travel representative
- Cabin crew member
- Ground crew member
- Airport operations
- Tour operator
- Travel agent
- A role in customer service
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...