THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL
This National Progression Award (NPA) at SCQF level 6 will introduce you to the dynamic tourism sector and will allow you to develop the employability skills and knowledge that are important to industry employers. It will allow you to develop a good working knowledge of travel destinations and products available in Scotland and the UK, how to meet customer requirements, use online systems and understand the importance of sustainibilty for both customers and tourism providers. This qualification focuses on the domestic tourism sector in the UK.
- Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- The Scottish Tourism Product
- Travel and Tourism in the UK
- Sustainable Travel and Tourism
Learners would benefit from having attained or be working towards:
- English at National 5 (SCQF level 5) or above
- Travel and Tourism Units at SCQF level 5
- Social Subject at National 5 (SCQF level 4) or above
English Proficiency Requirements
- Minimum 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
How the course is assessed
- Role plays
- Written tests
Progression And Articulation Routes
Successful completion of this qualification will count as one Higher towards entry to one of our HN Travel and Tourism courses in the following year.
- Tour guide
- Visitor attraction guide
- Visitor centre staff
- Travel agency staff
- Two afternoons per week (Tuesday and Thursday).