3D Animation HND
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
3D Animation is a diverse, immersive and forward-thinking course designed to develop your creative potential. You will exercise your skills in 3D Animation through bespoke lessons in design and architecture including; 3D fly-throughs, modelling and animating 3D characters for short films.
Discover dynamic skills in 3D character models as you work in art studios and Mac laboratories dedicated to the animation sector. You will be introduced to state-of-the-art software used in the industry and learn how to use it in order to build environments for computer games as well as have access to a green-screen room. This knowledge in industry software is essential to your success in this modern and ever-evolving industry. This course will give you an in-depth understanding of 3D computer animation. Upon completion you will have the qualifications needed to progress on to further study at a university level. HND students will have the opportunity to exhibit their work in prestigious galleries for the general public, industry professionals and future colleagues to view.
What you will learn
- Maya 2012
- 3D Studio Max 2012
- Softimage 2012
- MotionBuilder 2012
- Mudbox 2012
- Smith Micro Poser 2010
- Adobe Photoshop
How the course is assessed
- This a practical studio-based course where your work is assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Number of days per week
3 days per week
- Year one: Minimum of two Highers or UAL Level 2/3 or Foundation Diploma or SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Year two: Pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
- You must submit a portfolio that demonstrates your advanced art and design skills and an understanding of the creative process
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
Recognised entry to second and third year Scottish 4 year Degree, for example
- ECA Second-year entry
- Grays School of Art
- Napier and Abertay
- Recognised second-year entry to R.U.K 3 year Degrees
- Successful students have progressed as freelance designers in the creative industries
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.