3D Design: Interior, Product and Exhibition Design HND
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
HND 3D Design is a forward-thinking and innovative course that focuses on individual learning and design skills. You will gain essential knowledge of the 3D design industry which will allow progression onto further study at a university level or employment in the industry.
On this immersive course, you will use cutting-edge and interactive technology. This course is a step towards a fulfilling, creative and successful career in interior, product or exhibition design. You will exercise your creative potential and bring your designs to life through visual and creative development workshops in our art studios. Edinburgh College’s school of art offers largely project-based units which will give you the flexibility to explore your individual skillset in 3D design.
HND students will have the opportunity to exhibit their work in prestigious galleries for the general public, industry professionals and future colleagues to view.
What you will learn
- Art and Design: Creative Process
- Developmental Drawing
- Interior Design Projects
- Drawing for 3D Design
- Exhibition Design: Creative Concept
- Interior Design
- Art and Design Context
- Digital Imaging
- 3D Design
- Creative Project for Artists and Designers
- Art and Design Context: Personal Investigation
- Exhibition Planning and Design
- Development Exhibition
- Temporary Structures
How the course is assessed
- This a practical studio-based course where your work is assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Year one: Minimum of two Highers, UAL Level 3 or Foundation Diploma or SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Year two: Pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
- You must submit a portfolio that demonstrates your advanced art and design skills and an understanding of the creative process
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
Recognised entry to second and third year Scottish 4 year Degree, for example
- ECA Second-year entry
- Grays School of Art
- Napier and Abertay
- Recognised second-year entry to R.U.K 3 year Degrees
- Employment as an interior exhibition retail or lighting designer
Our Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Enrolment Events 2022
Our Enrolment Events are for those wishing to apply for an Advanced Higher, Higher or National 5 course.