Access to Accounting
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 42 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is designed as an introduction to the level 6 Foundation Apprentice courses in Business finance and Accounting. It will provide the relevant cores skills for business, administration and technology for employment and further study.
Pupils will develop problem solving and information technology skills and it will enable them to be more confident in the use of software application packages for administrative and business purposes. In addition, pupils will:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the role of business i society
- Develop knowledge and application and usage of a variety of software packages.
- Develop relevant course skills for business, administration and technology for employment and further study.
What you will learn
- Computer applications:Accounting
- Handling Wages and Salaries
- Recording Transactions in the Ledger
- Preparing Financial Accounting Information
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment
Number of days per week
- 2 days per week
- National 5 Maths preferable
- Relevant group of National qualifcations at level 4 or 5
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend a course information session which may include participation in a selection process’
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Business or Finance
- NC Accounting
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||26/08/21||42 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.