Access to Cyber (Computer Networking and Infrastructure)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
If you are looking to pursue a career in Networking infrastructure or Cyber security, then this course is your starting place.
Networking and Cyber cover a broad range of skills and this course covers the fundamentals of how computers work, how networks operate and are managed a well as teaching you fundamental coding skills in Python.
You will be taught by industry-experienced College lecturers and learn a diverse range of skills, all of which are geared to give you the right jumping off point for a move in to Cyber Security, or Networking infrastructure. The course will give you your first industry recognised CISCO qualification. CISCO is the worlds leading Tech infrastructure company, and we embed their qualifications throughout our Tech courses so you can show employers you have obtained the highest standard of proficiency in your subject at each level.
What you will learn
- Computer Networking (CISCO)
- Computer Hardware and Architecture
- Computer Programming (Coding)
- Fundamental computing applications you will need when you study at higher levels.
How the course is assessed
- Through Practical Activities, tests and quizes
Number of days per week
- 4 days per week
- For school leavers: 4 x National 4 qualifications; C grade passes or equivalent, preferably including Computing and maths.
- You will need to have the equivalent of national 4 level mathematics, if you don't have this formal qualification, this can be assessed from the screening activity at interview.
- For college learners: Progression from successful completion of a relevant Edinburgh College course
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff make use of a screening activity and or an interview to assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- We administer a screening activity to applicants to help asses your skill areas, we also interview candidates where applicable.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NPA Cyber Security and Networking
However, As the course is project driven and projects can be created to a high standard, there is an opportunity for learners to have their work assessed for HND study. Please note those moving to HND will need to complete a summer course of self-study materials prior to being offered a place.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.