Access to HN Fitness, Health and Exercise
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This access course offers learners an insight our HND Fitness, Health and Exercise Award. You will prepare for your HND by developing both your knowledge and practical skills over 18 weeks, with a view to a future rewarding career in the Fitness industry, or a related University course.
What you will learn
- Academic Study Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing
- Fixed Weights, Free Weights and Circuit Training (National Progression Award)
- Fitness Testing
How the course is assessed
- You will complete a variety of theoretical and practical assessments across all subject areas
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification or
- 1 Higher (or equivalent) in a relevant subject plus 3 National 5s at `C` or above, preferably to include English and/or a science subject.
- National 4 Biology would also be advantageous.
- Appropriate experience would be helpful, either from placements undertaken at school or other involvement in the industry, but is not essential.
- If you do not have the formal requirements but you are a mature student or one who wishes to change careers or retrain following a career break to raise a family, you are welcome to apply.
- In these or other cases we would consider work experience, life skills and potential ability.
- If you meet the minimum entry requirements you will be invited to a course information event which will include a general presentation on the course and optional course choices to ensure that you have selected the most appropriate course for you.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Whilst there will be no formal interview, you will show your active interest in your application statement.
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course is designed for progression onto further study at SCQF level 7/8 and, on successful completion, you should be able to progress onto the HND Fitness, Health and Exercise course.
- This is an access course to HND Fitness, Health and Exercise.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.