Access to Software Development and Web Design
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Discover the world of Web and Software development as you are introduced to core industry concepts and skills in web development, coding and digital media.
You will explore practical skills through projects that you will build yourself and have a portfolio to keep towards your employment. This course is designed to be used as a progression towards further study of a specialist Web development or Software development course.
You will be taught by industry-experienced College lecturers and learn a diverse range of knowledge in; computer programming, Web Development HTML and CSS, and media production such as graphics and video. Each subject area you cover is based on fundamental skills available in jobs today to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career
What you will learn
- Web Development
- Graphics creation
- Computer Programming (Coding)
- Video Acquisition and Editing
- Fundamental computing applications you will need when you study at higher levels.
How the course is assessed
- Through practical projects tests and quizzes
Number of days per week
- 3.5 days per week
- For school leavers: 4 x National 4 qualifications; C grade passes or equivalent, preferably including Computing and maths.
- You will need to have the equivalent of national 4 level mathematics, if you don't have this formal qualification, this can be assessed from the screening activity at the interview.
- For college learners: Progression from successful completion of a relevant Edinburgh College course.
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you through our screening activity and or interview.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- We use a screening activity and or an interview to assess your skills.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
The majority of learners completing this course will progress to :
- NPA Software Development and Web
- NPA Software and Digital Design.
As the course is project-driven and projects can be created to a high standard, there is an opportunity for you to have your portfolio assessed for the HND study. Please note those moving to HND will need to complete a summer course of self-study materials prior to being offered a place
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.