Access to Sound Production and Music Business
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
The Access to Sound Production and Music Business course is designed as a practical and project based pathway onto our courses in Sound Production and Music Business.
The course is based around current and emerging industry practices in Sound Production and Music Business to develop practical skills in sound production (including music for mixed media, music production, audio editing and live sound) and also the wider context of the music industy (from artist development to record lables and digital marketing).
The course is delivred in our sector leading faciltiies at the CRE:8 campus where we have 10 SSL and Pre-Sonus reocrding studios, state of the art post production and spatial audio produciton facilities, rehearsal rooms, 100 seat auditorium, and several DAW rooms running the latest Digital Audio Workstations.
If you are aiming to progress onto courses in Sound Production or Music Business next academic year then this is the place to start!
What you will learn
- Music and audio production for media
- Recording techniques
- Audio production (including mixing and basic mastering principles)
- Recording studio operation
- Live sound reinforcement
- How the UK music industry works
- Digital Marketing and promotion in the music industry
- Artist development
How the course is assessed
- Project based assessment involving the submission of practical, industry focussed course work
Number of days per week
- 2 days per week and one additional day of self-directed study
- 4 qualifications at National 5 level (including a pass in English, Maths and a Music/Sound related subject)
- Equivelant experience considered (returning/mature students)
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- UAL Level 3 Sound Production
- HND Sound Production
- HND Music Business
- Audio engineer (live/studio)
- Music/audio producer
- Film/games music/sound composer/producer
- Record label role
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.