Accounting AAT Certificate(SCQF 6)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Evening
Duration 40 weeks
Course enquiry form
The purpose of the AAT Certificate in Accounting is to offer the foundation of accounting knowledge needed to progress to employment or further study in accountancy and finance, alongside business and personal skills that are transferable to any sector and additional business knowledge relevant to accountancy. The qualification offers a broader focus across several subject areas which enhances employability prospects.
This course will be delivered by evening classes and a flexible online model. This can give you the flexibility to study at a convenient time and you will be able to contact your tutor for additional support if needed. You will be required to have access to IT to enable you to engage in the course e.g. laptop or a PC or Tablet.
Current cost of this course is £1288.00
Your employer may be entitled to funding for this course.
What you will learn
There are 4 Mandatory units
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
- Principles of Costing
- The Business Environment
How the course is assessed
- The first 3 units are assessed by means of an end of unit assessment in the college.
- The Business Environment is a synoptic assessment, taken in the college, that draws on and assesses knowledge and understanding from across a number of units.
Number of days per week
- |Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
- Two evening per week from 6 pm until 8.45 pm
- This course will be delivered by evening classes and a flexible online model. This can give you the flexibility to study at a convenient time and you will be able to contact your tutor for additional support if needed. You will be required to have access to IT to enable you to engage in the course e.g. laptop or a PC or Tablet.
- AAT does not set any entry requirements for this qualification. However, for the best chance of success, we recommend that students begin their studies with a good standard of English and maths.
- Accountants work at the very heart of a business and are expected to be able to communicate information clearly and appropriately to a given audience.
- AAT recommends that students use AAT Skillcheck to ensure that they’re ready to start on a particular qualification
- You can access this at the AAT website
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Undertake the AAT SkillCheck on the AAT website
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Completion of the Certificate in Accounting will lead to the AAT Diploma in Accounting.
- You may already be working in an accounting or business environment and wish to improve your accounting skills and achieve professional status.
- This qualification may also be valuable for those entering the workplace for the first time or for those changing careers who would like additional support in upskilling to enter or re-enter, a business environment.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.