Accounting Level 5
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This six-month course is designed to provide learners with an introduction to bookkeeping, accounting and related disciplines.
It provides introductory training in Financial and Management Accounting enabling learners to progress to Access to accounting or HND Accounting year 1 or work in an organisation`s accounting team at a clerical level.
This course will be delivered using a blended learning model. You will have in-class theory bases lessons with some classes being delivered online. You should have access to a PC, Desktop Computer or tablet.
What you will learn
- Recording Transactions in the Ledger
- Recording Cash Transactions
- Handling Wages & Salaries
- Developing Skills for Employment
- IT Solutions for Administrators
- Contract Law: introduction
- Management Accounting Systems
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessments
- Open Book assessments
- Closed book assessments
Number of days per week
- 3 national level 4 passes in a relevant subject area
- 3 standard grade passes at 3 or above
- Competence in English and demonstrate a numerical ability
- Relevant work experience
- Candidates applications will be assessed on an individual basis
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be required to complete an entry test
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Access to Accounting level 6 in January 2023
- Junior Accounts assistant
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.