Administration and Information Technology HNC
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
(see funding options)
Course enquiry form
This is a day-release HNC (a system of allowing employees days off work to go on educational courses) and you will attend Edinburgh College one day a week over two years. This course is an excellent opportunity, designed to be taken alongside your full-time work, in order to progress in your avid career and gain vital industry skills; creating a more productive work environment.
Administration and Information Technology HNC will develop your IT, communication and organisational skills. This course is a stepping stone toward a rewarding career as a financial assistant, personal assistant, administrator or office manager. You should study this course to enhance your skills in your current job and workplace in order to progress internally.
What you will learn
- Personal Development Planning
- Office Administration
- Digital Technologies for administrators
- IT in Business: Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- IT in Business: Databases
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Communications: Business Communication
- Administration and Information Technology: Graded Unit
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout this course.
Number of days per week
- 1 day per week in college
- Two Highers or relevant experience in an office environment
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Administration and Information Technology HND taught at Edinburgh College
- Second year entry into a university course
- This course can lead to a promotion at work
- Finance assistant
- Personal assistant
- HR assistant
- Office Manager
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||29/08/22||41 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.