Administration with Data Skills NPA (DDI Funded)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is free to study as it is fully funded by The Data-Driven Innovation (DDI) Skills Gateway. A project which forms part of the Edinburgh and South East City Deal.
Delivery of this course will be through a blended learning approach through interactive, lecturer led sessions on Microsoft Teams and resources on our Moodle page and possibly in college sessions.
This short course is ideal for people seeking employment and looking to add Data Skills to their current job profile skill set. It has been designed for those looking to begin a career in Administration and acquire the Data Skills needed to work in today's busy office environment or to complement those with transferrable experience from other industries.
Successful completion of the course could allow the learner to achieve NPA Data Science at SCQF Level 4 together with NPA Administrative Activities.
What you will learn
- Administrative Activities
- IT Solutions for administrators
- Preparing Business Documents
- Preparing for employment first steps
- Building own employability skills
- Responsibilities for employment
- Data Science
- Data Citizenship
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessment
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
This course is open for all to apply, no previous experience with administration or data Skills is required. Although we recommend that applicants have achieved the minimum qualifications listed below.
It is recommended applicants have:
- Achieved two National 4 qualifications* preferably in a subject using numeracy and communication skills, or
- Some computational and numerical skills either through qualification or experience
We will assess candidates on an individual basis and may ask you to undertake a screening activity to further assess your entry for this course.
National 4 is an equivalent qualification to General Standard Grade
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- No interview required
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5 or above
Progression and Articulation Routes
You can progress onto further Edinburgh College courses:
- SCQF Level 5 courses relevant courses within the Enterprise and Commerce Department
- For those starting their career, this is a gateway qualification to study at a higher level at college
- For those with previous work experience, this qualification provides a great addition to your CV and enhances applicants digital skills
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||24/01/22||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.