Architecture and Interior Design NC
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Architecture and Interior Design are emerging and growing industries. This NC will allow you to explore and experiment with the creative possibilities in the spaces, rooms and buildings that we surround ourselves with in our day-to-day existence; and bring them to life.
You will be given an insight into innovative industry practices such as; exploring media handling, sustainable design and building regulations. Techniques will be practised in Edinburgh College school of art studios. Here you will learn hands-on experience that will prepare you for further study. Through this technically challenging course, you will develop your critical thinking, reflection and evaluation skills through a range of learning, teaching and assessments. This course encourages flexible and cooperative learning with others providing a unique working experience. Edinburgh College school of art pride itself on exhibiting the exceptional work created by students throughout the year.
What you will learn
- We aim to provide candidates with opportunities to develop an awareness of how the subject specialisms Interior Design and Architecture can be successfully integrated to meet the requirement of changing industry requirements.
- You will develop specialist skills through a range of motivational learning, teaching and assessment styles to achieve your full potential by developing a positive attitude to your own learning; encouraging flexibility and working cooperatively with others and providing a unique holistic learning experience within specialist studios.
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Number of days per week
3 days per week
- Four National 5’s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent
- All applicants must submit a portfolio that demonstrates sound drawing skills and an understanding of the creative process in sketchbooks and larger-scale imagery
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school, college or previous study and experience
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants for this course are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and will be invited to a portfolio review session.
- Specific information on Digital Portfolios and review Sessions for the course you have applied for will be sent to you after you submit your online application form.
- For more information and advice on your portfolio please read the Art and Design Application and Portfolio Guide This includes advice on the content, formatting and size of your portfolio but also information on the portfolio review process, what to do if you don’t have a portfolio and the support available for Teachers supporting School pupils preparing portfolios for Art and Design courses.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC/D Architecture or Interior Design courses
- University level of study in Architecture and Interior Design
- Careers in architecture or interior design
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.