Army Career Preparation Course
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
Course overviewThis fast-paced 18-week course will prepare you for the interview and recruitment selection process at the Army Development Selection Centre and a career in the British Army. During this course you will develop a good level of fitness, undergo assessments and establish personal progression towards a career in the armed forces. The course will give you the opportunity to attend information briefings with visits to various military establishments to find out about the employment opportunities you can pursue at the Regiments and Corps. Edinburgh College has vital industry connections and this course includes the exciting opportunity of a one-week military residential experience at Castlelaw Farm in the Pentland Hills. Prior to the course starting you will attend an interview at the Granton Campus to confirm your eligibility for service in the Armed Forces. To succeed on this course you will need to be highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed.
What you will learn
- Personal Development
- Swimming and Resistance Training
- Develop a Good Level of Fitness
- Communication and Teams Skills
- How to Manage your Own Personal Progression
- Working with Others
- Problem Solving
- You will attend a one weeklong military residential and gain a hands-on insight into the Army.
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed to establish your personal fitness and progression and your ability to meet the requirements of the army selection/entry criteria.
Number of days per week
- 5 days per week
- Although there are no formal qualifications required you will be expected to meet the eligibility criteria for entry into the British Armed Forces
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview that will take place at both the Armed Forces Careers Office and at Edinburgh College’s Granton Campus
- You will be assessed on your attitude and aptitude during the interview process
- This may include practical and physically challenging activities as well as teamwork and communication skills
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Fast Track to Exercise and Fitness
- Fast Track to Sport and Exercise
- NC Sport and Fitness at SCQF Level 4
- NQ Exercise and Fitness
- SVQ Sports Activity Leadership
- The ultimate aim of the course is to get you ready to access a career in the Army
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.