Art and Design: Creative Media NC
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Creative Media NC will develop your creative potential using both digital technology and traditional drawing. You will produce inspiring work and tap into the core elements of graphic animation, digital imaging and web design. This varied course will make sure you are prepared for further study of a whole range of arts and design courses.
Discover dynamic skills in art and design as you work in art studios and Mac laboratories dedicated to creative learning. Here you will learn the use of industry-standard software such as Photoshop Flash and Dreamweaver. Upon completion, you will be fully equipped to progress in your creative journey toward a rewarding career in the creative industry.
What you will learn
- Art and Design: Expressive Drawing
- Art and Design: Animation Project
- Photography: Digital Imaging
- Art and Design: Design Activity
- Art and Design: Colour
- Art and Design: Exploratory
- Media Handling
- Art and Design: Project
- Art and Design: Life Drawing
- Design Studies: Location Drawing
- Art and Design: Creative 3D
- Art Form
- Art and Design: Web Project
- Art and Design: Personal Project
- Art and Design: Contextual Studies
- Art and Design: Digital Media
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Number of days per week
3 days per week
- Four National 5’s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent
- All applicants must submit a portfolio that demonstrates sound drawing skills and an understanding of the creative process in sketchbooks and larger-scale imagery
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school, college or previous study and experience
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HND Computer Arts and Design
- HND 3D Animation
- HND User Experience
- Other HNDs within Art and Design
- Junior positions in art and design agencies
Our Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.